Senior Project Manager
Development and Construction Services
Location – Chicago, IL
Based in Chicago and reporting to the Vice President of Development of Lincoln Property Company, the Senior Project Manager will have responsibility for the oversight of capital and tenant improvement projects and new building construction projects while fostering relationships with tenants, investment partners and owners for the portfolio.
He/she will provide program, budget, due diligence and construction management expertise for LPC transactions; oversee the successful completion of development and renovation projects; and support the firm’s acquisitions and improvement project activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate or direct the RFP process, assisting project team with selection of contractor, architect and other consultants.
- Oversee development of budget, construction schedule and contract documents.
- Implement and manage agreements and contracts with partners and consultants.
- Serve as owner’s representative during design and construction process.
- Manage project budget and schedule to ensure that project is completed in the most timely and cost-effective manner.
- Troubleshoot issues related to design and construction and advise team on recommendations.
- Support the LPC acquisitions team on due diligence, design and construction issues.
- Review and process monthly construction draw requests per funding/lender requirements.
- Interpret internal team requirements and assist in developing creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of reports to project team and funding/lending institutions.
- Participate in enhancing client relationships at appropriate levels.
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in construction management, real estate, architecture or engineering, or relevant work experience.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in project management or development; knowledge of construction and due diligence processes.
- Commercial building renovation/rehabilitation experience.
- High-rise commercial office and industrial ground-up development experience.
- Possess excellent time management, communication, organization, and personal effectiveness skills.
- Ability to manage project team(s) with disparate interests toward a common goal.
- Ability to synthesize information and present findings in a coherent and logical manner.
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple assignments and meet engagement deadlines.
- Good judgment and follow-through; attention to detail.
- A team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Excellent qualitative skills and solid business writing skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Project) and project management tools.
LPC is seeking to recruit the best in the industry with an opportunity for professional growth and development with highly competitive compensation and benefits package. If interested in this opportunity please forward your resume to email@example.com